My kids have a really bad sweet tooth. I must admit I am guilty of one too. Hence I have taken to baking at home and all my recipes use whole wheat flour instead of refined maida & jaggery instead of refined sugar.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Baking Time: 8 mins
Makes: A dozen cookies
- Whole wheat flour – ¾ cup
- Baking Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Baking Soda – a pinch
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Canola or Olive Oil – 1/3 cup
- Dark brown Jaggery – ¼ cup
- Egg – 1
- Chocolate bar – ½ cup
- Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp
- White sugar – 2tsp Optional
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp Optional
- I always sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder together. This adds air and fluffiness to the cookies.
- You can substitute the jaggery with brown sugar, it’s just that jaggery is more readily available at home.
- The small amount of white sugar helps the cookie spread well while baking.
- Scrape the jaggery into small pieces using a knife.
- Cut the chocolate bar into medium size chunks. You can also use readymade chocolate chunks but the cookie tastes better with bigger chunks of chocolate.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt as stated in Notes.
- Pour the oil, jaggery, sugar, vanilla essence into another bowl. Break the egg and mix slightly with a spoon. Donot use a blender.
- Now mix the dry and wet ingredients together by stirring evenly with a spoon.
- Roll the dough into small lemon size ball, keep the surface rough.
- Grease the baking tray with oil and place the balls about 2 inches apart. Donot flatten the balls as the cookie will spread and flatten while baking.
- Preheat the oven and bake at 160C for 8 mins.
- Take the cookies out of the oven immediately to avoid getting burnt at the bottom.
- The cookies may appear bit soft but they will harden on cooling down.
- Your homemade whole wheat & jaggery chocolate chip cookies are ready. Store it in an airtight container.
Liked this post on Whole Wheat & Jaggery Chocolate Chip Cookies
You may also love Make these sweet fresh juices that have ZERO sugar, Baking Basics – All you need to know as a first time baker and Finally I Learnt To Make Paper Thin Dosa – Restaurant Style With Homemade Batter
PIN THIS RECIPE OF WHOLE WHEAT & JAGGERY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
View this post on Instagram
#saveforlater #ContestAlert |WIN BIG| I think everyone should have this super-convenient and smart product🍳 in their kitchen. Check out the amazing range of Japan’s #1 Asahi Kasei kitchen products on Big Basket and Amazon, the link is in my bio☝️You can avail 25% discount on Big Basket right away💰 . . I am trying to go oil free for breakfast🥘 these days, as I have shared in this video 📺 as oil laden food attracts unnecessary diseases, so, toh unhealthy Oily kyu khao? . . I have started @asahikasei_in aluminium foil, as 🥘🥙🌯It helps in oil free cooking and retains the taste 👨🍳👩🍳Makes cooking simple and convenient 🥣🍳Saves efforts of doing the dishes! 🔄 I can also upcycle an old tawa instead of discarding it! A little BONUS🎁 for you guys! Recreate some recipes and win exciting prizes! . . Cook your favourite food using Asahi Kasei's Frying Pan Foil and 3 WINNERS will WIN big: . . 1st prize: Microwave 2nd prize: Mixer grinder 3rd prize: Barbeque grill . . . Don't forget to tag me and @asaheikasei_in ! Welcome hassle-free cooking with Asahi Kasei today! . #AsahiKasei #anUrbanNomadic #easycooking #momslife #influencerlife #leftoverfood #healthyfood #indianmomblogger #indianmom #momBloggers #foodblogger #mominfluencer #traveler #traveldames #cntgiveitashot #shuttersofindia #gramslayers #imtb #traveldames #cntgiveitashot #shuttersofindia #quarantinelife #mumbaiblogger #delhiblogger