As a mother of two small kids, I often wish I had a magic wand to cast “no sick days” spell on my precious little ones. Some days, I feel my kids seem to attract every bug that crosses their path resulting in recurrent runny noses, colds & cough.
We do maintain good hygiene, but there are some more important things that I can do to increase my child’s immune system’s ability to fend off illnesses. Let’s talk about all the measures we can take that can actually build up their defences and boost their immunity.
How can one build immunity in Indian kids?
We, as a family are a big fan of clean eating, whole grains, green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, dals that are naturally enriched with most of the essential nutrients for building immunity. Wholesome meals are most important in my house.
Certain vitamins work on grass root levels to build immunity. Some of those immunity building vitamins that help the children are:
- Vitamin A helps to keep the skin and tissue in good shape, such as lining of the mouth, intestine, stomach & respiratory system. Vitamin A can be found in fish, eggs, carrots, etc.
- Vitamin C & E are strong antioxidants that protect the cells from free radical damage especially the cell membranes of the immune cells. Citrus fruits like orange and kiwi are the best sources of Vitamin C. Vitamin E can be found in nuts and seeds such as sunflower seeds.
- Vitamin D helps to keep the immune cells active. The best source of Vitamin D is sunlight but fatty fish like tuna and salmon are also rich in the vitamin.
- Zinc is needed for wound healing and production of new immune system cells. Whole grains and milk products are good sources of zinc.
- Other nutrients like Selenium, iron, foliate arealso very important to building a strong immune system.
While our wholesome, home cooked meals help in giving right nutrition to kids, adding some dietary supplements, such as PediaSure in my child’s daily routine, has been helpful to us in closing the gaps that remain.
So, does PediaSure really work?
I love PediaSure for my kids as all these nutrients mentioned above are enriched in 5 scoops,which I add to two cups of smoothie or milk, daily for each of my children.Chocolate and vanilla flavours are their favourites.
PediaSure is formulated with 37 nutrients and as I have observed it does help in the visible growth of children.
As a mother, my first and foremost goal is to fulfil all my children’s nutritional needs and build a strong defence against cough, cold, flu and other respiratory infections. And PediaSure contains immunity building nutrients that can support immunity in growing kids. So, keep calm, order your favourite flavour today and support your kid’s immune system, just like I have done. #StaySureWithPediaSure
Loved this post on How to BUILD Indian Kid’s IMMUNITY
You may also love 5 Popular Dandruff MYTHS That Are NOT True + HOW to TREAT Dandruff Tip
PIN BOOST your child’s IMMUNITY for later!
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are the personal views of the author. They do not reflect the views of any brand. Any omissions or errors at the author’s end does not assume any liability or responsibility on any party mentioned in the blog.