Can I learn to scuba dive if I can’t swim? How does Scuba feel as non swimmers? Been thinking about it?
Is Scuba Diving Easy for Non Swimmers?
Do you have to know how to swim to scuba dive? Or is it necessary to know swimming for scuba diving?
I’d say, it’s not easy, it’s not a cake walk. But believe me when I say, not knowing swimming has NOTHING to do with scuba dive. I have dived three times and all I ever needed was to know that
- I will not have fear of height, yes we do feel altitude while going down towards sea bed.
- That I will be comfortable with water.
- Or rather being under water.
And a SIMPLE way to judge that is by trying snorkeling at the beach. Beyond that, it’s all about courage and/or that desire to overcome fear.
Will Scuba Dive Instructor Hold YOU during the dive?
Also know that your PADI dive instructor will stick by you and you can hold on to him/her for dear life for every damn second of your dive. I found it really comforting to hold my dive mater on his upper arm, like an arm twist or lock.
Tip: On my 3rd dive, I wasn’t feeling confident under water when he held me from top, by clawing my dive suit. So, I immediately insisted and changed to arm lock. Half the fear is about seeing that someone is holding on to you, you see!
Also read Auli, the ski capital of India, Fantastic 1 day trips from Mumbai in Lockdown , How I Went on a Road Trip While Maintaining Social Distancing, 30 Most Popular Bollywood Movies For Teens, Why Dubai is perfect getaway for kids & Udaipur 2 day itinerary 14-Best road trips in India
Scuba dive for non swimmers – Things to know
- Book 1-day diving experience called Discover Scuba.
- This dive is easy introduction to scuba in shallow water
- Dive master will always by your side, holding you all along
- You don’t need swimming skills as Scuba gear helps you to swim with fins flapping
- Legs do all the work, using the fins. You really don’t use your arms or swimming skill at all when scuba diving
- The scuba gear means you can breathe, move and stay neutrally buoyant in the water and enjoy looking at all the fish & corals!
- Know your breathing, under water signals and you are set !
Scuba Dive Safety – When NOT to dive
Reschedule your scuba if having nasal congestion or cough as it makes breathing part very very tricky. You may also impact your lungs adversely.
Scuba Dive Tip for Non-Swimmers – important & works
It’s really easy to get comfortable with underwater breathing by practicing snorkelling on the beach. You can also practice breathing with snorkelling gear in the swimming pool or a lagoon.
Is Maldives good for diving? How much does Scuba diving cost in Maldives?
Water is more calm in Maldives, its white sandy beaches and turquoise waters make diving an idyllic experience here. Also keep in mind that Scuba diving is costliest in Maldives, almost double of else where like Caribbean or Australia and multiple times of Goa.
Can You Scuba Dive WITHOUT Knowing How to Swim?
Share it with your friends! You may also love Easy Treks in India – for Beginners, All about Tokyo shopping, Koh Larn, the perfect white sandy beach, Why You MUST Experience Braj Ki Holi Atleast Once & Hampi itinerary
PIN Can you Scuba Dive if you Can’t Swim
Do you need to swim to scuba dive | Scuba diving without swimming
One day trip ideas from Mumbai